Friday, June 10, 2011

A Tale of Four Gamers - Week 12-2 - Tyranids and Tau Updates!

Jono's Week 12 Update
Hi all!

Firstly, I need to apologize for the lack of update from last week! Life well and truly got in the way, that and I was indulging in other hobbies; namely Airsoft. I have also misplaced my camera. I am thinking it has either been tidied away or stolen by my Sister, but alas, I shall get it back one way or another for next week!

Despite actually doing quite a lot since my last update, I don’t have much to show for this one (mostly because of the lack of camera). This week its been more cosmetics that I have been working on. I haven’t completed any more models, so my current count is still 10/41 completed, but I have done a few more layers of black wash to kick start some of the outstanding Gaunts, as well as my remaining Hive Guard.

I have also been a bit of a naughty boy this week. All Tyranid owners will know that Hormagaunts are a real pain in the behind to keep upright, as their center of balance is usually well off their base. As a result, they spend more time on their faces than upright! My solution, and in turn, why I have been a bit bad, involves chopping UK penny pieces in half with an angle grinder. Cost effective AND technically treason!

As you can see, the half pennies are a perfect fit and I can tell you keep them weighted down really well!
So, still 10/41, but hopefully closer to a few more next week!

Chris' Week 12 Update

Chris has a short and sweet update this week. THE PAINTS ARE ALL HERE!!!! This means next week we will have the honour of his presence and SHOULD see some models.

Challenge No Submission Casualty List

Listed are the number of casualty models each player must have completed by the end of the challenge as a fine for their none submission of weekly updates!
  • Chris - 2 models
  • Jono - 1 model
  • Dave - 0 models
  • Dan - 0 models
As always comments and thoughts are appreciated.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails