Hey all just returned from GD UK and my feet are killing me.
For the sake of some order I thought it would be a good thing to keep the FW news seperate from the other 40k news from GD. Anyway bullet points from the seminar:
Books for 2010/2011!
- IA9 Badab war 1
- IA10 Badab war 2
- IA1 second edition (rules are updated only)
- Model masterclass volume 2
- IA11 Battle for Hoth! (Tony kept using the word Hoth, go blame him )
- Final battle
- Big bad ass showdown between Culn and Huron
- New space marine war machines
- SM siege list
- New rules for BFG
The necron model was a one off model so don't expect morenecrons coming for the next two years.
- Eldar, space wolves, cadians and elysians
- New eldar troop choices and two new aspects
- Cadian will get hoth kind of upgrade kits, so think of the rebel soldiers on hoth or maybe the snowtroopers...Tony didn't mention which side of hoth troopers he meant
- few elysian stuff, only because they didn't finish them on time during IA8 release
- New space wolves, but don't expect thunderwolfs, as Tony said FW ain't here to fill out missing GW models in codexes but that they rather want to do new things, take it with a grain of salt maybe you SW will get a new Wolf lord on a wolf with a personal guard on wolves, who knows
- Eldar, see pictures for new vehicles and one of the new aspect warriors, eldar will also get a char mayhaps, new war walker variants
- Shadow spectres are equiped with jetpacks and have fire prism like weaponry.
Also while talking to Alan I got the following out of him:
- Badab war part 2 this xmas out, as the book was written as one and was just too big to be onebig so they had to cut it in half
- Sons of Medusa...we might get interesting fluff about their origin and also see hints of a future IA with Iron hands in the lead role, he told me he liked the IH because they are gonna be ver different than your standard marines...
- The lynx is indeed armed with a pulsar and was described as being kind of a falcon without transport capacities and armed with a big gun...so not a super heavy, expect it to have stats from a falcon with a single pulsar.
Some additional information now that I've managed to gather and sort out from other sources about the upcoming Imperial Armour 11 - Battle for Hoth:
- Shadow spectres - have JETpacks rather than jump packs. Similar to Tau use. The wepon is a mini prism which would combine and be anti-vehicle. They are supposed to reflect the spirits of the dead in their appearance, hence the floating.
- Hornet - twin linked. comes with resin pulsars but can use any of the normal heavy weapons. Pulsars will be expensive.
- Cosairs - book puts some focus on raids by corsairs and rangers. Upgrade kit likely (helms, weapons etc).
- Exodites - none in IA11. Left until a later date as would need large model set. (please not this is not confirmation just that its out there as a concept)
- Jetseers - spoke to the guys about possibilty of an upgrade kit at some point. They said they hadn't really considered it but would look at it again as its an obvious hole in the range.
- Eldar also getting fully enclosed war walkers (for the cold)
- Cadians + Elysians to be involved (with cold weather upgrades as mentioned in my previous posts), Space wolves are the marines, concentrating on one Great Company. Likley to be One SW character and maybe a couple of Eldar.
- General story of IA11 is a eldar colony world which 'put into storage' (deep freeze) and forgotten. Its then discovered by imperium during Great Crusade. There is a small eldar defending force that is destroyed by Space wolves. 10k years later the Eldar rediscover the webway portal to planet but then find that the defending force has been killed and replaced with guard/marines. Series of raids from corsairs/rangers etc before the big craftworld army attacks. Planet is of significant importance as they need to justify the use of the Phantom.