Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Tanks for the memories - RT motorpool

First post of the week for the RT project and we start with some of my favourite early GW kits, I remember building these style kits very early on, possibly before I had even finished a squad. I loved the old school rhino but my favourite of the smaller kits had to be the predator. I really do think it is a lovely kit and when I finally get round to my Red Hunters I plan on using the more modern forgeworld version to invoke the spirit of these kits.

After some scouring, natty dealing and a very kind donation from Damien I have ended up with this small motor pool that I would like to expand (old 60mm base whirlwind anyone?), so here they are:


as you can see a nice little selection covering both transport for my squads and some much needed fire power. I would like to source a couple more Rhinos for various projects but right now I am very happy with the vehicles I have and look forward to naming all of the tanks.

First up we have a lovely Dark Angels predator, donated to my by Damien (you might remember him from some of the blog challenges), the model is in great nick and looks as brilliant as I remember. This model already has its name and in recognition of its origional source it will be know as "Angels Gift"

Next up are the two rhinos, these were swapped with a fellow oldhammer fanatic who will be getting recognition for his part else where in the project. These two models are pretty much perfect, nothing wrong with them and a lovely smooth undercoat to make them a dream to work with.


Finally we have an example of the older style front plate on the predator, I dont remember those from the kit but assume they must have been there. This kit might take a bit more work to bring up to scratch but I think it should be ok to use. Not sure on a name but thinking either Dorns Fist or Eagles Vengaence.

More to come soon, just waiting on the final packages (again) as I always seem to find something new (but obviously old) to add to the force. Once arrived they will be up and I can start prepping for painting :)

1 comment:

Swelter said...

It has to be a blast rounding up the old models, and seeing the old paint jobs, in this way! RT is what really hooked me into the hobby. I'm enjoying this adventure of yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails