Friday, April 22, 2011

A Tale of Three Gamers - Week 8 - An update from Everyone!!!

Chris' Week 8 Update
First off, apologies for the lack of updates for a couple of weeks, but I still have little to post. My fiancée hasn’t been well, and I’m swamped with DIY jobs at the moment, so modelling has taken a back seat. On a more positive note, one of those DIY jobs is boarding my loft so at least we will have a dedicated gaming space on completion of the challenge :)
 I have literally had about an hour in the past fortnight for modelling, which I spent green stuffing the large join lines and attaching the branches on the citadel wood. I know nobody is particularly interested scenery, but here’s a picture, to avoid my dead model count increasing further.
I have 11 days off work starting Friday, so with a bit of luck, I will be able to field more than half a crisis suit by the end of the challenge...
Jono's Week 8 Update
Hi All!
Really struggled to get a submission this week as moving out time is getting ever so close so spare time is very scarce.  Equally, I did find my mini tripod AND I bet I have still made more progress than Chris!
Back on track..

It may not look that way, but I spent a few more hours on my Tervigon.  The Mecharite Red layers are all done bar one of the scything talons.  Once thats done, all I need to do is the bone elements of the model, a few touch ups and its done.  Well, that lot and the base..
If you check red on the hind legs, compared to the talons in the pic above, you will see that the shading is completely different and much less flat!  After a Mecharite Red layer or two, I have been adding a Baal Red wash followed by shadows with Badab Black wash.  Personally I think it makes the whole model look less flat!

Also, a quick shot from the other side.
You will also see the barrell above, which was on the base of my Terv.  Being a massive MC base, I want to make it stand out a bit.  On the barrell, I tried to replicate rust so used a hairspray technique, as detailed here.  I cannot stress how easy this is, and it looks quite good too!
Lastly, I havent actually bought any scenery for this 'challenge' as of yet because I have had no idea what to buy! -I just can't decide.  On the flip side of this, I have had plenty of ideas for stuff to build.  This was the first thing that I managed to get a solid enough idea, as well as enough bits together to make..
Since moving house involves actually going through all of the junk that is stashed in the loft, I found a load of my old 40k from about 8 years ago.  Amidst the terrible Ultramarines, I found an old cardboard Imperial firebase.  Now the scenery itself is terrible, but the plastic pieces holding it all together were perfect for some storage crates, or indeed a command post.  Other pieces in the mix are plenty of plasticard and 2 right-angled plastic fittings from B&Q.  I have made two of these, both being about 3" tall, and 5" long.  I have enough bits to make a third, much longer one, for a mini storage yard!

So, this is it for me for a few weeks!  I am off to Ireland for a week (bad timing or what) and then it looks like the house will have sold.  I will hopefully get back on track and get some real progress soon!
Millest's Week 8 Update
Well folks as mines the smallest update this week I thought I should go last, give the others some limelight and all that. Basically I'm still sans camera however to prove I've actually done something I've included another Iphone picture. This time it shows the Chimera and Sentinal I've been working on the past week. The Chimera has a few little conversions I'm happy with that really make the model different enough to notice but are still subtle. The Sentinal has had the Autocannon magnatised so I can swap it out with the Missile launcher I have. Other then that this week is BH weekends and my other halfs birthday so there may not be much progress this next week or so but where there is chance I will be working on the bases for the models, the very nice Secret Weapons Miniatures bases previously mentioned, and where possible I will be working on my Medusa stand in for the Griffon in the army list. So heres the pic, enjoy what you can make out:


Challenge No Submission Casualty List
Listed are the number of casualty models each player must have completed by the end of the challenge as a fine for their none submission of weekly updates!
  • Chris - 2 models
  • Jono - 0 Model
  • Dave - 0 Model
As always comments and thoughts are appreciated. Apologies again for the shocking pics normal service will be resumed soon I hope!
Enjoy and see you all next week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails