Monday, June 16, 2014

Imperial Fists - A Challenge in yellow Pt.2 - A Guest Post

As promised here is my follow on post, I have included not only the recipie for my yellow but also some pictures of my growing Imperial Fists Force.

Sergeant 1st Tactical Squad, 4th Company. Favoured armaments of Gravpistol and Power Sword.

Sergeant 9th Squad - Devastator, 4th Company. Favoured armaments of Bolter and Chainsword. Not strictly rules legal, however, when I get to posting him on the forum, I am hoping they will see the tribute.

Standard Bearer, Command Squad, 4th Company. Company Banner, bolt pistol, and power fist. The freehand banner was drawn by my partner Jennie, and painted by me, in my first real attempt at painting a banner bigger than the back banners.

 

 Here we have the base that all my marines have started out as. Averland Sunset over a skull white (spray) undercoat. Note, this is usually thinned in a paint to water ratio of 2:1, and applied using a decent sized brush.
 
This is after the Agrax Earthshade wash. Unlike many people, I like to coat my model, as then you get an even layer on the next time round. I have, on some of the models, tried Seraphim Sepia, however, I preferred the Earthshade.

Here, Sergeant, 2nd Squad, Tactical, Plasma Pistol and Power Sword. Here you can see the next stage in the Yellow process. After the Earthshade wash, a layer of Yriel Yellow is painted on MOST of the model, as this is the stage 1 highlight. Leave the Earthshade in the recesses, and the washed Averland Sunset in the places where it makes the most sense.



I don’t have any other pictures for the next step, but using Flash Gitz Yellow for the highest highlight point.

I hope I have made some sense to people. Just waiting for some things to turn up in the post, and I may even start to have some transports!
Ave Imperator!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails